Goverment organization «Tajikfilm»
The state studio “Tajikfilm” was created as a separate structure on the basis of the studio “Tajikfilm” and the Tajikkino State Unitary Enterprise of Film and Video, by decision of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan dated december 29/ 2017, under No. 589.State studio “Tajikfilm” has 312 working units and its structure consists of a management administration, two main departments and five departments. The departments are work in GBAO, Sughd and Khatlon regions, and the regional department – in the Rasht valley. Tajikfilm activities is based on the Constitution, the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “About Cinema”, laws of the Republic of Tajikistan, decrees and orders of the President and Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, legal acts and the Charter. The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the Founder of “Tajikfilm”. “Tajikfilm” as a cultural body of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan implements state policy in the field of cinema, carries out production and cinematographic activities in the state language and, if necessary, in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan translates films into Russian and English.
The main goals and objectives of “Tajikfilm” are:
- Implementation of state policy in the field of cinema;
- Promotion of the direction of state policy in the field of film production, methods for its implementation on the basis of improving professional and economic activities;
- Development of creative activity of children and adolescents;
- Coordination of cooperation in the field of film production and the development of marketing and management of Tajik cinema;
- Distribution and display of films and videos, the search for new ways and their implementation;
- ensuring the development of domestic cinema and audiovisual art;
- Strengthening the legal framework of cinema and video structures;
- Providing an assessment and conclusion for further publication;
- participation in determining the pricing policy of tickets to cinemas and the working order of cinema and video rooms;
- creating the necessary conditions for the protection and display of national tapes;
- Organization of control over the activity of video rooms and copying centers; sale and rental of video cassettes and audio cassettes, prevent the display and sale of pornographic films, incitement to atrocities, violence and other propaganda, contrary to the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and moral standards of the people of Tajikistan;
- issuing licenses and activity certificates in the field of public viewing, selling CDs, computer games, recording music, video games, producing audiovisual products and video films, in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- production and display of feature, historical, documentary and animated films;
- design services;
- Translation and dubbing of films;
- establish creative, production and trade cooperation with other international and domestic organizations and institutions in the field of film production on a contractual basis.
Over its 2.5 years of work, “Tajikfilm” has produced and shown several films, including 10 feature films, 15 documentaries, 6 short films and 3 animated films. Based on memoranda of understanding and cooperation agreements in the field of joint film production, mutually beneficial relations were established with filmmakers from the Republic of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Georgia and the People’s Republic of China. Tajikfilm is ready for further cooperation with all individuals and legal entities in accordance with agreements on film production and the development of domestic cinema.